Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That damned Isofrane

Go down

That damned Isofrane Empty That damned Isofrane

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm not sure how many times I have posted '...it's going on a blue Isofrane' about one of my bracelet watches.
I have had this damn strap for months now; it was purchased when Isofrane was offering the upgraded buckle at no extra cost and it was still expensive at $99 dollars but I had heard so many good things about the rubber and the construction I bought a blue one in 22mm....only to discover that most of my Seikos have 20mm lugs.
In any case, my newest diver has 22mm lugs but the strap does not accept Seiko's proprietary thick spring bars! On a whim I removed the bracelet from my SNZF45K1, a Seiko 5 sports watch with only 100m water resistance and non-screw down crown and which I bought solely for the white dial.
Lo and behold, it has normal spring bars. the Isofrane not only fits:

That damned Isofrane Photobucket-15665-1334103869916

I think it looks great on this watch:

That damned Isofrane Photobucket-12519-1334103908797

I got to practice my strap changing technique, I managed this one with very few scratches to the lugs, and I have given new life to a watch I might otherwise have sold or simply never worn. Is it too much strap for what is essentially just a casual watch? Perhaps, but I can always change it out and put a less expensive blue strap on this watch to keep the look.
Yay for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

That damned Isofrane Empty Re: That damned Isofrane

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:43 am

I think it looks great on that watch! Strap swapping is underrated. Like you, I have often found a brand new watch simply by putting it on a different strap/bracelet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 am

Quite an upgrade. Looks good to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 am

A vast improvement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 am

Thank you everyone!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 pm

I think it looks great. Mainly what you have achevied though is merely parity with the strap and watch in terms of worth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Hahahaha, true enough. This isn't a permanent pairing but at least now I know that a blue strap looks great on this watch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down